Cockroaches are well known for spreading disease and are associated with various other health risks. Exposure tocockroaches could put you at risk of Salmonella, Dysentery & Gastro-enteritis. Increases in eczema and childhood asthma have even been linked to cockroach droppings.
Cockroaches are usually attracted to food available in your property. They will eat anything from foods, paper, packaging, plastics and fabrics to animal matter. It is often easier to spot signs of a problem in your home or business rather than an actual live cockroach. As nocturnal creatures, cockroaches usually hide out of sight during the day and become more active in their search for food at night.
Signs of a Cockroach Problem?
- Cockroach droppings
- cockroaches leave a dust of black droppings less than 1mm wide and of varying lengths.
- Smear marks
- Check for marks on horizontal surfaces and at wall-floor junctions where cockroaches are active. If water is abundant cockroaches will produce brown and irregular shaped smear marks.
- Shed skin
- Look for this evidence in locations you suspect they are sheltering. Cockroaches shed ‘cast nymphal ‘skins 5-8 times as they mature to adults.
- Look for unusual signs of damage, not just on food packaging. Cockroaches will attack organic goods including leather and books.
- Unusual odour
- An established cockroach infestation produces a lingering and unpleasant musty smell that taints items they contact
Do I Need Professional Cockroach Control Assistance?
While a wide range of do it yourself products are available for cockroaches, many times effective control requires a professional pest control service to gain control and prevent recurrence. A quick response at the very first signs of an infestation is often essential to control cockroaches in your home and to prevent the spread of this pest to your neighbours.
Why call in a professional pest controller for your cockroach control?
The ability of cockroaches to breed rapidly and their resilience means that a professional service is usually the most reliable form of control. Only expert products and solutions are powerful enough to eliminate all stages of their lifecycle. Correct identification of the cockroach species is vital to implement the correct control program. Jentel Pest Management licensed technicians have the necessary knowledge and experience to recommend and implement an effective cockroach control program..